Hello, my name is Rebecca. I am an accredited IMDT dog trainer and overall canine fanatic who is passionate about helping people and dogs live happily side by side.
I transitioned into the dog world working for several years within Assistance dogs UK, training dogs to change people’s lives and teaching clients to care for their wonderful service dog.
Following this I moved to a large rescue centre, helping train and rehabilitate hundreds of dogs, many of whom had behavioural issues.
I set up Mindful Paws to directly help those struggling to manage their dog’s behaviour. I know first hand how difficult it can be raising a dog that becomes stressed by the sight of a person or barks at the slightest noise. I also know, with the right training and management, it really does get better.
How I Can Help You…
Choosing a dog trainer can be hard. When most people start looking for help they are usually already stressed and struggling with their dog. The addition of finding the right professional can be overwhelming!
To make your life a little easier, here are some quickfire benefits you’ll find at Mindful Paws:
- Fully insured and IMDT accredited dog trainer
- Dedicated to continuous professional development
- Guaranteed friendly and reputable service
- Kind and ethical methods which strengthen your relationship with your dog
- Evidence based training meaning effective and long lasting results
- Empowering you with the tools and knowledge to train your dog in the future
- Bespoke training and behavioural plans that meet the needs of you and your dog
- Home visits available to ensure your dog feels safe in a familiar environment
- Ongoing care and support
Whether you are thinking of getting a dog or you already have one (or six), I am here to give you guidance and support at any stage of your dog journey. Please don’t hesitate to contact me to learn more about the services I can provide.
The Mindful Paws Ethos
Rebecca strongly believes in three key training principles that inspire the Mindful Paws service:
- Ethical. Placing a strong emphasis on the welfare of dogs whilst using only kind and humane techniques. Not only does positive training cultivate an exceptional bond between you and your dog, but it is scientifically proven to be effective and long lasting in changing behaviour.
- Cooperative. Building strong relationships between you and your dog based on mutual understanding. Learn to communicate with your dog and get the best from them.
- Empowering. Instilling knowledge so you can understand the reasons behind your dog’s behaviour. Giving you the skills and confidence to manage your dog’s behaviour on a daily basis and solve potential future issues independently.
Accreditations and Qualifications
- Accredited Trainer (With Distinction), Institute of Modern Dog Trainers
- Accredited Guide Dog Trainer, Assistance Dogs UK
- Principles of Dog Training and Behaviour (Level 3), Open College Network
- Behaviour Consultations and Functions of Behaviour (Level 4), Institute of Modern Dog Trainers
- UK Dog Behaviour and Training Charter Approved